When our clients don’t have an updated strategic plan in place, we assist them in developing one. Our team of local government experts work with your leadership team to develop a strategic planning process including research, workshops, plan drafting and communication alternatives so your strategic plan is easily accessed by constituents.
Elements of strategic plans often include:
- Clear purpose, mission and values to guide the future of the community
- Current state of the community including SWOT and PESTLIED* analysis
- Strategic focus areas for the 3-5 year strategic time horizon
- Community and leadership input through surveys / workshops
- Local government / departmental KPIs or OKRs** that align to the strategic focus areas
- Budgetary alignment considerations
- Performance management systems to execute on the strategy
* Political, Economic, Social, Technology, Legal, International, Environmental and Demographic considerations.
** OKRs are Objectives and Key Results, a management methodology made popular by Google.