Every local government leader wants to maximize their team’s ability to reach critical goals and create a culture of achievement. But how do you know if we are doing all you can to define, measure and track progress toward key intiatives?
The questions below will help you know if you have the disciplines and processes in place to maximize your team’s focus on achievement.
- Do each of your department heads know precisely what is expected from them this quarter in terms of results? Is it written down?
- Do you have a repeatable way to measure success?
- Do you have a regular business communication cadence to update and share progress?
- Do you have a consistent way that you team identifies, clarifies and tracks success?
- Are all your departments making progress like your best departments?
- Do you and your department heads know how you will measure success on their current initiatives? (Will they know if they “did a great job” or not?)
- Can your department heads show you proof they’ve reached key milestones?
- Does your team create stretch goals or are they ‘safe’ goals?
- Do your teams work with a sense of urgency to complete initiatives?
- Do you have a way to accurately track accomplishment of quarterly goals that lead to annual goal attainment?
If you answered “unsure” or “no” to any of these questions then your productivity, teamwork and urgency toward goals may need help. If so, give us a call at 678-833-4310 or email email@example.com.