“Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” – Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)
“Listen, my son, and be wise, and set your heart on the right path.” – Proverbs 23:19 (NIV)
InnerComm’s “Heart of Business” is a training and coaching offering that helps business leaders and entrepreneurs explore and grow in what it means to set their heart on the right path. Heart of Business helps leaders come to better understand facets of their heart and how the heart can:
- improve how they make decisions,
- engage with employees and
- better serve customers.
Many business leaders tend to focus on their hands (or skills) as it relates to business and leadership. In fact, they invest their very lives in their skills, in performing and producing great results. While skill and strategy are vital to success, the heart is even more central.
The heart leads the hands – “heart first, hands second”. If it’s true that “all the issues of life flow from the heart“, then focusing on growing and developing our hearts will impact every other aspect of our business and personal life.
In The Heart of Business, we explore several facets of the heart including:
- A surrendered heart….respectful of those in authority over us and emptied of both business and personal distractions.
- A hearing heart that lives in the now, able to truly listen to others and to God.
- A giving and responsive heart that desires the best for others, thinks less of self and takes action for others.
- A protected heart that is guarded against the arrows of the world and where the good is internally guarded.
- A thankful heart that chooses gratitude in everything.
- A humble heart that serves others and God first.
- A receiving heart that openly listens to and accepts feedback from others and receives the love of God so that we can then give to others in love.
- A broken heart for the hurting around us; a tender and vulnerable heart toward the relational needs of the team and those in our community.
- A trusting heart in the face of nay-sayers, adversity and in the face of critical decisions.
- A clean heart – innocent and pure – to minimize ethical and moral lapses.
The Heart of Business is a training and coaching environment that spans several weeks with the intent of transforming the attitude, passion and strength of the heart of leaders so that they can better lead and serve the people in their care.
Contact us if you’d like to learn more about The Heart of Business.